ST422 - Introduction to Mathematical Statistics II
- Prerequisites: ST 421
- Term & Frequency: Fall and Spring
- Student Audience: Upper Division undergraduates majoring in Statistics, Graduate Students in Economics or seeking graduate minor degrees in statistics.
- Credit: 3 credits
- Recent Texts: Mathematical Statistics with Applications by Wackerly, Mendenhall, and Schaeffer
- Recent Instructors: Jason Osborne, Yichao Wu
- Background and Goals: Second of a two-semester sequence in mathematical statistics providing the foundation for many subsequent courses in statistics and economics, both theoretical and applied
- Content: Central Limit Theorem, maximum likelihood estimation, method-of-moments, properties of estimators; sufficiency, consistency, efficiency, hypothesis testing.
- Alternatives: ST 502, ST 702
- Subsequent Courses: None
FA 2017 Sections:
|001||Osborne,Jason A||01108 SAS Hall||01:30PM-02:45PM||TTh||39/40 - Open|