ST501 - Fundamentals of Statistical Inference I
- Prerequisites: MA 242 or equivalent (Calculus III)
- Term & Frequency: Fall and Summer (spans I and II)
- Student Audience: Masters students in Statistics and graduate students from other disciplines, such as Financial Mathematics, Economics, and Bioinformatics, that require advanced knowledge in Probability and Statistics.
- Credit: 3 credits
- Recent Texts: Mathematical Statistics and Data Analysis - John A. Rice
- Recent Instructors: Justin Post
- Background and Goals: A primary objective of the ST501 course is to present techniques and basic results of probability theory at a rigorous level (assumes Calculus III background).
- Content: Discrete and continuous distributions, expected values, transformations of random variables, sampling distributions.
- Alternatives: ST 701. Credit not given for both ST701 and ST501.
- Subsequent Courses: ST702
S1 2017 Sections:
|301||Post,Justin Bla||INTERNET|| - ||TBA||13/33 - Open|
|651||Post,Justin Bla||Distance Education-I|| - ||TBA||21/33 - Open|