ST564 - Statistical Thinking and Big Data
- Prerequisites: ST 512 or 514 or 515 or 517
- Term & Frequency: Fall (online only beginning Fall 2016)
- Student Audience: Graduate students in Statistics or related fields
- Credit: 3 credits
- Recent Texts:
- Recent Instructors: Eric Laber is developing this course
- Background and Goals: This course explores the world of data on the internet and in large observational data bases. Statistical and computational methods for handling these data are studied.
- Content: Covers the core statistical concepts needed to analyze large, observational datasets. Topics include sampling design, basics of estimation and inference, scaling statistical algorithms to large data sets or streaming data, and dealing with complex data structures.
- Alternatives: None
- Subsequent Courses: None
S1 2017 Sections:
|-||/ - |