ST557 - Using Technology to Teach Statistics
- Prerequisites: ST507 or ST511 or equivalent statistical knowledge
- Term & Frequency: Online only, check availability
- Student Audience: Instructors of statistics at all levels, especially those at the community college and university level; graduate students in statistics and related fields.
- Credit: 3 credits
- Recent Texts: None
- Recent Instructors: Dr. Roger Woodard
- Background and Goals: This course will provide statistics educators with an in-depth introduction to technology for teaching statistics. In this course students will be explore a variety of available statistical packages, demonstration applets, and other technologies for teaching statistics. Students will learn pedagogy to help them structure learning activities around these technologies. Students will also learn to identify key elements in technologies that support pedagogical goals.
- Content: Topics include GAISE Guidelines, teaching simulations and modeling, data collection technologies and student generated data, online assessment systems and interactive data analysis, hybrid and online teaching.
- Alternatives: None
- Subsequent Courses: None
SP 2018 Sections:
|-||/ - |