Knowledge of multivariable calculus and matrix algebra are the minimal requirements for entry. Many applicants will have taken the equivalent of
ST 511 or 517 and may be able to substitute an elective for that requirement.
All Master of Statistics degrees require a minimum of 30 semester hours. This includes 21 hours of common course work:
- Statistical methods: ST 511-512 or ST 513-514 (online only), or
517 (online only)-512
- Statistical theory: ST 501-502
(ST 701-702 may be substituted and is suggested for those continuing for the Ph.D. )
- Linear models: ST 503 (ST 705 may be substituted and is suggested for those continuing for the Ph.D. )
- Statistical consulting: ST 542
- Statistical programming in SAS: ST 555
Each specific concentration will have additional requirements and/or electives to reach the minimum credit hours. These requirements are listed on each concentration page.