Our undergraduate Statistics program is one of the largest in the country with about 200 students, many of whom transferred from other programs on campus. A significant proportion of our undergraduates pursue advanced degrees in statistics or related fields following graduation. Upon completion of our program, students will be able to:
- Explain the theoretical basis of commonly used statistical methods.
- Design sample surveys and experiments for standard situations.
- Correctly analyze and interpret the results from standard designed experiments, sample surveys, and observational studies.
- Demonstrate sufficient computer programming ability to manage data, implement standard statistical methods, and learn new programming languages in the future.
- Explain statistical ideas, methods and results orally and in writing to non-statistical audiences.
The following degrees are offered as part of the Undergraduate Program:
The following Activities and Opportunities are available to Statistics Undergrads:
The links below will provide you with information about the Statistics Program and the field: